All manuscripts selected for publication will be peer-reviewed by two reviewers from the fields. Copyright will be held jointly by the author and the journal for the duration of the period of publication (six months), after which all rights will revert to the author.
- Manuscripts should be no longer than 7500 words (exclusive of footnotes) in MS Word 97/98 or 2000.
- Submissions should be of interest to a wide readership, and should present original research, composition, or offer a translation of something not previously available in English.
- Manuscripts should meet the professional standards of academic journals and make a significant contribution to the field to which the article pertains.
- Manuscripts that have been published elsewhere or are being considered for publication will not be considered.
- Book reviews are welcome; however please contact the Book Review editor before submitting any review.
- Everything, including footnotes should be double-spaced.
- Footnotes should be placed at the bottom of each page using the footnote function included in Microsoft Word and should conform to the Chicago Manual of Style standard format. They should be limited to citations rather than commentaries.
- Photographs and visual materials are welcome, but all permissions for use of such materials are the responsibility of the author and must be received in advance of publication.
- Permission is required in advance of republication or replication of any article or work of fiction, poetry or translation or any part of such an article published in Studies on Asia. (Authors, however, will be free to republish their own material as they see fit.)
How to Submit
The manuscript should be submitted either by e-mail attachment to Ali Riaz, editor, (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the journal website electronic submission form (online submission form) with an accompanying cover letter stating your affiliation and status (i.e. graduate student, assistant professor, independent scholar).
Authors can expect evaluation reports within three months, or earlier if the manuscript is not accepted for publication.